CMake Editors Support
From KitwarePublicJump to navigationJump to search
CMake Editor Modes
There are CMake syntax highlighting and indentation supports for several editors:
- Emacs combined syntax highlighting and indentation mode. The current file in the repository doesn't behave very well if you try to run fill-paragrap (M-q) on comments. This patched version written by Miguell A. Figueroa-Villanueva fixes it. Hopefully the patch will make it into the tree someday. To enable it, add the following to your .emacs file:
; Add cmake listfile names to the mode list. (setq auto-mode-alist (append '(("CMakeLists\\.txt\\'" . cmake-mode)) '(("\\.cmake\\'" . cmake-mode)) auto-mode-alist)) (autoload 'cmake-mode "~/CMake/Docs/cmake-mode.el" t)
- VIM syntax highlighting and indentation mode. To enable indentation, copy indentation file to your .vim/indent directory, syntax highlighting file to your .vim/syntax directory and add the following to your .vimrc:
:autocmd BufRead,BufNewFile *.cmake,CMakeLists.txt,*.cmake.in runtime! indent/cmake.vim :autocmd BufRead,BufNewFile *.cmake,CMakeLists.txt,*.cmake.in setf cmake :autocmd BufRead,BufNewFile *.ctest,*.ctest.in setf cmake
- Eclipse CMake Editor. Plug-in for the Eclipse IDE providing syntax coloring and content assist for editing CMakeLists.txt and any file ending in a .cmake extension. Integrates the CMake command reference documentation into the Eclipse Help system.
- Kate, KWrite, KDevelop and all other KDE applications, which use the kate text-editing component support cmake syntax highlighting since KDE 3.4.
- UltraEdit (an approach) save the jpg as text: File:Wordfile.jpg
- Enscript syntax highlighting rules. To enable it:
- copy cmake.st in the hl/ directory.
- add the following in the namerules section of the hl/enscript.st file:
/CMakeLists\.txt/ cmake; /\.cmake.*$/ cmake; /\.ctest.*$/ cmake;
- SciTE version 1.73 has CMake support. To enable the feature edit SciTEGlobal.Properties and remove the comment before cmake lines.
- TextMate is a wonderful text editor for OS X. CMake Bundle. This plugin adds syntax highlighting for Cmake files.
- NEdit support was added by Philippe Poilbarbe
Creating New Editor Mode
The best way to start is to check the logic in existing ones. Make sure to enable indentation for files that match the following file names: