VTK is an extremely powerful and versatile tool, but has a reputation for having a steep learning curve. Here, we hope to organize the resources that may be of use to both VTK users and developers in understanding and using VTK effectively.
The key to successfully using VTK are:
- understanding the structure of the object-oriented hierarchy and
- understanding it’s pipeline architecture.
If you are new to VTK, you might want to check out:
- External Tutorials - short presentations from VTK users and developers around the world on VTK.
Once you have done that, the best way to learn VTK in detail may be to actually see/write VTK code. The following resources will help you do just that:
- Examples - Short code examples demonstrating how many of the VTK classes can be used.
- Tutorials - Slightly longer than the examples, these tutorials explain concepts and demonstrate more complicated tasks in VTK.
More resources available to help the user are :