[vtk-developers] VTK 5.2.0
david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Aug 28 15:11:27 EDT 2008
Dear VTK users and developers,
Finally! Kitware is pleased to announce the first official release
of VTK 5.2.
The VTK 5.2.0 release is now available for download from the VTK
web site: http://www.vtk.org/get-software.php. This release contains
many improvements and additions compared to VTK 5.0. The following
changes are included in this release.
*changes from 5.0 to 5.2:*
- Infovis kit
- Views kit
- New Widgets architecture and more than a dozen new widgets
- New Utilities: freerange, verdict, libxml2, metaio, sqlite
- Updated Utilities: freetype, zlib
- More than 300 new C++ classes
- More than 100 new C++ tests running on most dashboards
- Improvements to PLY file support
- Many bug fixes, including much improved Java wrapping support
- Mac OS X-specific fixes:
-- Defaults to building using Cocoa instead of Carbon
-- Can now be compiled against the 10.5 SDK
-- Can now be built as a Universal Binary
-- Initial support for Resolution Independence in 10.5
For full details on the new classes and tests, and other additional
information, see the Wiki page:
We hope you enjoy this new release of VTK.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vtk-developers