[vtk-developers] Google Summer of Code students announced

David Lonie loniedavid at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:47:17 EDT 2011

Hi list,

I'm very excited to find out that my proposal was accepted! I'm a
computational chemistry Ph.D. student at SUNY Buffalo and I will be
working with Marcus to add native chemistry visualization tools to
VTK. This will involve several new additions across the pipeline,
mainly:

* Sources that read the output of quantum mechanics calculations and
other standard molecule formats
* Filters to operate on electronic structure data, e.g. calculate
electron density from molecular orbital data
* Mappers to render molecules (ball and stick, wireframe, van der
Waals spheres, etc) and electronic structure

I look forward to working on VTK, and this summer should be very productive! :-)

Dave