[vtk-developers] No vtkInformationVariantKey or vtkInformationVariantVectorKey?

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Thu Oct 18 14:21:30 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am surprised to see that there is no vtkInformationKey subclass to hold a variant value or array of variant values. Is there a reason these cases were omitted?

Some background: I had planned to use the vtkInformation object associated with each vtkAbstractArray to hold a list of unique values present in the array (when the array has a small number of unique values), but this won't be easy if the array in question is a vtkVariantArray and there's no way to hold a vector of variants.

	Thanks,
	David