[vtkusers] OT: Linux OpenGL and MesaGL at the same time?

Tuhin Sinha tk.sinha at vanderbilt.edu
Thu Mar 13 13:23:21 EST 2003

Berk,

  I guess I forgot to mention that I had to enable VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA to
get vtkMesaRenderWindow to compile (needed by
Examples/MangledMesa/Tcl/OffScreenPrinting.tcl).  When I do this and set the
appropriate paths, vtkMesaRenderWindow still fails to compile becuase it
can't find GL/osmesa.h.  I looked at the CMakeLists.txt file in Rendering and
it looks like you can either have VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA or
VTK_USE_MANGLED_MESA... this makes sense to me.  However, given this
situation the tcl script won't run unless vtkMesaRenderWindow is changed to
vtkXMesaRenderWindow.  If I want the script to run as is (from CVS) I need to
compile VTK with VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA and VTK_USE_MANGLED_MESA and then
force the compile to look in the Mesa include dir for the appropriate include
files (via setting CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS).  Neither one of these solutions seems
completely right to me.  Where is my logic failing?

Thanks Berk,

Tuhin