[vtkusers] vtkMarchingCubes

Prashanth prashanth.dumpuri at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Oct 13 15:29:07 EDT 2004

All,
  I'm creating 2 isosurfaces from an image volume using
vtkMarchingCubes. The intensities are such that the 2 surfaces intersect
each other. This creates 3 'regions/zones' in the output polydata:
(i) Cells belonging entirely to isosurface#1
(ii) Cells belonging entirely to isosurface#2
(iii) Cells in the intersection region of isosurface#1 and isosurface#2.
Can I flag the cells in the output polydata based on the above zoning,
using vtkMarchingCubes? Or is there any other vtk filter that can do
this?
Any help in this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Prashanth