[vtkusers] Colour map of FE

James Robinson j.robinson at kepler-systems.com
Thu Oct 14 10:40:53 EDT 2004

Peter,

I haven't looked in detail at your code, but I have looked at your images. I
was wondering if it simply isn't that your mesh is coarse... What is the
error estimate of your solution? What element types are you using for the
analysis and what cell types are you using to represent these in VTK?

As far as I am aware (experts please step in here) VTK does linear
interpolation over triangular facets and doesn't do some kind of complex
interpolation over a patch of elements...

Regards,

Jim

James C Robinson, PhD, Chartered Engineer,

CEO,

Kepler Engineering Software Ltd.,

*     42 Rivergrove,

         Glanmire,