[vtkusers] Lightweight Visualisation (via VTK) Software

Daniel James White white at mpi-cbg.de
Thu Jun 4 13:36:19 EDT 2009

Hi Shakes,

An OS X version would be nice....?

BTW... see BioImageXD for a software that uses VTK and ITK for
microscopy 3D data
http://www.bioimagexd.net

let me know what you think.

Dan

On Jun 4, 2009, at 6:00 PM, vtkusers-request at vtk.org wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 17:26:00 +1000
> From: Shakes <Shekhar.Chandra at sci.monash.edu.au>
> Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Lightweight Visualisation (via VTK) Software
> To: David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com>
> Cc: vtkusers at vtk.org
>
> Hi David,
>
> I found Paraview and VTK daunting to use at first and certain things
> weren't obvious. DGV was designed as a first step program so that one
> could quickly check the data one produces without having to learn
> and/or
> understand VTK and/or Paraview.
>
> I also needed quick 1D plots, their animations and transforms and to
> see
> raw image data. On a side note, the DGV API has a much more simple
> interface than VTK imo (i.e. wrapper around VTK), making VTK usage
> easier. For instance a Surface Plot is:
>
> DGVSurfacePlotVTK *plot = new DGVSurfacePlotVTK;
>     plot->setName(name);
>     plot->setData(data);
>     plot->generatePlot();
>     plot->generateAxes();
>     plot->show();
>
> It will in future be designed with custom Discrete Tomography methods
> which are currently part of my PhD. Hope that answers some of your
> questions about DGV.
>
> Cheers
> Shakes

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Senior Microscopist / Image Visualisation, Processing and Analysis
Light Microscopy and Image Processing Facilities
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 DRESDEN
Germany

+49 (0)15114966933 (German Mobile)
+49  (0)351 210 2627 (Work phone at MPI-CBG)
+49  (0)351 210 1078 (Fax MPI-CBG LMF)

http://www.bioimagexd.net 	BioImageXD
http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de Fiji 	Fiji is just ImageJ - Batteries Included
http://www.chalkie.org.uk