[vtkusers] Init in VTK 8.0

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Tue Oct 31 11:51:50 EDT 2017

Hi Chiang,

VTK's default rendering implementation changed from VTK 6 to VTK 7, so the
library names you need changed.  The OpenGL backend worked with OpenGL
1.1(or 1.2?), and the newer OpenGL2 backend uses OpenGL 3.2.  The default
changed to OpenGL2 in VTK 7.0 and so you need to update the names of the
libraries you are using from vtkRenderingOpenGL and
vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL to vtkRenderingOpenGL2 and
vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL2.  There is a script you can run in the VTK source
tree (Utilities/Scripts/WhatModulesVTK.py) to figure out what modules you
need to use.  I'd run that script and see what you get since I'm not sure
if anything else you use has changed.

HTH,
Shawn